Interested in working with the Vascularized Composite Allotransplantation Research Lab? Browse our open positions below.
The VCA Lab currently has an open position for a laboratory coordinator. This person will be vital to the daily functions of the laboratory and will support the research activity. Energetic individuals with exceptional organizational skills and team coordination experience are highly encouraged to apply.
Requisition ID 29396
Our laboratory seeks postdoctoral candidates that are disciplined, determined, people-smart, and driven basic scientists. The VCA Lab is a multi-disciplinary research laboratory standing on the pillars of transplant immunology and immunoregulation, regenerative medicine, tissue cryopreservation, and nerve research. In this very dynamic and innovative environment, fellows benefit from the outstanding scientific community and cutting-edge resources uniquely available at Johns Hopkins University as well as the progressive mindset of collaboration with industry – it is an incredibly nurturing environment for career growth that provides great opportunities for future employment.
Our ideal candidate is a junior postdoctoral fellow (or prospective one) with the following characteristics:
- A Ph.D. in Immunology, or related discipline with a strong background in immunology.
- A true Team Player: humble, hungry for knowledge, and people smart.
- Proficient in isolation of rodent cells and sterile tissue culture techniques of primary cells.
- Experienced in flow cytometry and other techniques like immunofluorescence microscopy, transcriptomic analysis, PCR, Western blotting, ELISA (and multiplex), etc.
- Excellent communicator, able to speak fluent English with great writing abilities.
Interested candidates should email program coordinator Kristin Hook at email@example.com with the following:
- a brief statement of their research experience and how it relates to this position;
- their CV;
- the contact information of at least three references.
Graduate and Master Students
We welcome students to apply for a research experience in the VCA Lab! We provide a unique nurturing and engaging environment were the growth of a scientific mindset is our primary goal. We have regular opportunities for students to become invaluable contributors to meaningful advancements in transplant research.
Interested candidates should contact program coordinator Kristin Hook at firstname.lastname@example.org and submit a copy of their resume.
Medical Students and Undergraduate Students
Short-term and longer-term research opportunities are available for determined and driven students that want to experience and understand the underpinnings of transplant research.
Interested students should inquire with program coordinator Kristin Hook at email@example.com.