I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Snoring and Sleep Surgery
The Johns Hopkins Center for Snoring and Sleep Surgery provides comprehensive surgical and dental care for patients with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) or snoring who have not had successful medical treatment or are interested in exploring other treatment options.
We Are Here and Ready to Safely Care for You
At Johns Hopkins Medicine, your health and safety are our very highest priorities. We are ready to care for you and your family in our hospitals, surgery centers, and through in-person clinic and online video visits. Learn how we are keeping you safe and protected so that you can get the care you need.
How to Schedule Your Appointment
Video Visits (Telemedicine)
Many new and existing Johns Hopkins patients have the option to have a video appointment (telemedicine) with their provider, depending on their healthcare need. If you don't have a device to use for a video visit, you and your provider may decide that a telephone call will meet your needs.
Learn more about video visits.
Surgeries and Procedures
If you've been already scheduled for a procedure that had to be postponed, we will reach out to you to reschedule. If this is a new procedure, please contact us at 443-997-6467 to schedule a consultation.
Learn more about preparing for your appointment.
If you are an existing patient and had an appointment that was postponed, our offices may contact you to reschedule. You can also call your doctor’s office or send a message via MyChart to discuss your healthcare needs so we can determine the appointment that is most appropriate. If you are a new patient, please call us at 443-997-6467 to schedule an in-person primary or specialty care visit.
Learn more about in-person visits.
- New Patients*: 443-997-6467
- Existing Patients**: Request an Appointment through MyChart or call us at 443-997-6467.
*New patients have not been previously seen by a provider at the Department of Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery. **Existing patients have been seen by the department in the past. Existing patients must have a MyChart account to request an appointment online, or may otherwise need to call. You can enroll in MyChart to manage appointments, communicate with your provider, receive test results and request prescription renewals.
Our multidisciplinary team of surgical providers collaborates to develop individualized treatment plans for patients with sleep apnea or snoring problems, which may include:
- A comprehensive history and physical examination including an airway evaluation
- Nasal Surgeries: septoplasty, nasal turbinate reduction, nasal valve reconstruction, or nasal tumor or polyp removal
- Palatal Surgeries: uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP), tonsillectomy, palate radiofrequency, palatal implantation
- Base of Tongue Surgeries: lingual tonsillectomy, partial midline glossectomy, radiofrequency to the base of tongue, genioglossal advancement, hyoid myotomy and suspension, tongue suspension suture
- Other Surgical Procedures: maxillomandibular advancement, tracheostomy, limited uvulopalatopharygoplasty, custom oral appliances
Through our ongoing clinical research, our team continually collaborates to refine and improve surgical treatment of OSA.
To make an appointment, please call 443-997-6467.