- Clinical Director, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Medical Director, Johns Hopkins Metabolic Bone & Osteoporosis Center
- Associate Professor of Medicine
Expertise: Calcium Disorders, Endocrinology, Glucocorticoid Induced Osteoporosis, Hyperparathyroidism, Male Osteoporosis
- Chief of the Division of Head and Neck Endocrine Surgery
- Director of the Johns Hopkins Multidisciplinary Thyroid Tumor Center
- Director of Endoscopic and Robotic Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery
- Associate Professor of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
Expertise: Benign Thyroid Disorders, Benign Tumors of the Head and Neck, Endocrinology, Goiter, Head and Neck Cancers
The Multidisciplinary Parathyroid Clinic
Combining insights on both endocrinology and head and neck endocrine surgery, the Multidisciplinary Parathyroid Clinic addresses conditions affecting the parathyroid glands. Our knowledge and skill are balanced with a caring, individualized approach to each patient.
Will you need parathyroid surgery?
Not necessarily! Treatment for parathyroid problems is not a one-size-fits-all matter. When you visit our clinic, an endocrinologist and a head and neck endocrine surgeon together review your medical history and determine if a medical or surgical approach is better for you. Our team only recommends surgery when it is the most appropriate course of action.
Read more in our Health Library:
Why choose Johns Hopkins for parathyroid disorders?
- We understand that parathyroid problems can affect different people in different ways and we listen to your concerns. You can count on being treated as an individual as soon as you visit our clinic.
- Because of the large number of patients we see for parathyroid problems, we have the experience and keen understanding to help recommend the right treatment for you at the right time, reserving surgery for when it’s necessary to restore your health.
- If you do need surgery, our team has years of experience performing parathyroid surgery with a range of approaches, including minimally invasive focused and scarless techniques.
- Our expertise in surgery of the head and neck means we can take special care, even in challenging situations such as re-operative surgery, to navigate the delicate structures that control the vocal cords and swallowing mechanisms.
- After surgery we support your ongoing recovery, including follow-up of your bone and kidney health.