I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
At the Johns Hopkins Pituitary Center, a team of doctors and other health care professionals works together to provide the most effective and safest treatment possible for patients with a pituitary tumor. Expect highly specialized expertise and cutting-edge treatments, delivered with compassion.
Nurses and Physician Assistants
The main members of the brain tumor care team are:
- Neurosurgeons – doctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of brain tumors and other disorders of the nervous system
- Endocrinologists – doctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of pituitary tumors and other disorders of the pituitary gland
- Nurses or physician assistants – health care professionals who practice medicine under the supervision of physicians and surgeons – in the Department of Neurology & Neurosurgery
Other members of the core treatment team usually include:
- Neuro-ophthalmologists – doctors who specialize in examining the effects of pituitary tumors and the vision system
- Otolaryngologists – doctors who specializes in ear, nose and throat care
- Pathologists – doctors who specialize in interpreting specimens obtained during surgery
- Radiation oncologists – doctors who specialize in the use of radiation therapy to treat tumors
Other doctors and health care professionals with special expertise in brain tumors may also be part of the team depending on your individual needs, including:
- Critical care doctors and nurses
- Physical and occupational therapists
- Social workers to coordinate care after the patient leaves the hospital
For more information, contact the Pituitary Tumor Center.
Request an Appointment
To arrange evaluations and request appointments, patients can call 410-955-9270 to speak with an agent who can begin the scheduling process. Learn more.
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.