I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Neurosciences Nursing at Johns Hopkins
The Johns Hopkins Hospital Department of Neurosciences Nursing provides a rich environment of learning and professional growth. As an academic medical center, we embrace a multidisciplinary, collaborative commitment to excellence in patient care and advanced professional practice through:
- Career development, including a Neurosciences Nursing Fellowship
- Multi-level educational programs including current neurosciences nursing and acute patient care techniques and classes emphasizing advanced clinical skills\
- Achievement of specialty certification (Certified Neuroscience Registered Nurse - CNRN)
Our unit-based clinical nurse specialists, critical care nurse practitioners, certified wound care nurses, discharge planner, and educators provide support, mentoring and ongoing bedside staff education. Our shared governance structure with unit-based committees offers opportunities to share talents and professional growth. This participative model promotes an environment of team collaboration and autonomous nursing practice.
The continuum of patient care in the Departments of Neurology and Neurosurgery spans critical and acute care units, an epilepsy monitoring unit and a brain rescue unit. We are the department of choice if you are looking to become a neuro specialty nurse in areas such as:
- Cerebral resuscitation
- Management of cerebral edema and increased intracranial pressure
- Hemodynamic instability
- Management of airway and respiratory compromise
- Spinal reconstruction
- Monitoring abnormal electrical activity of the brain
- Cerebrospinal fluid pressure monitoring in hydrocephalus
Come and explore limitless opportunities with The Johns Hopkins Hospital Department of Neurosciences Nursing and acquire valuable knowledge and skills.
Request an Appointment
Adult Neurology: 410-955-9441
Pediatric Neurology: 410-955-4259
Adult Neurosurgery: 410-955-6406
Pediatric Neurosurgery: 410-955-7337
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.