Start your journey with the Neuromodulation and Advanced Treatments Center.
Bold Treatments Informed by Research
Neuromodulation and other advanced treatments are changing the outlook for movement disorders such as Parkinson’s disease, as well as other conditions. Johns Hopkins’ Neuromodulation and Advanced Treatments Center brings together renowned experts from multiple disciplines who set new standards for both research and clinical treatment.
Request an Appointment
Meet Our Experts
Get to know our multidisciplinary group of experts in neuromodulation.
Conditions We Treat
Explore our approaches to treating Parkinson's disease and other disorders.
A New Pathway to Better Treatment
Patients will benefit from our systematic approach to diagnosis and treatment planning, and our array of medical and surgical therapies to address your unique situation, including:
- Deep brain stimulation (DBS) including stereotactic and intraoperative MRI-guided procedures
- Laser ablation of brain lesions
- Carbidopa/levodopa infusion therapy for Parkinson’s disease
- Research approaches such as transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS) to address non-motor symptoms of Parkinson’s disease
- Other new therapies as they become available
Advancing Research and Hope
In addition to assessing and treating patients, the Neuromodulation and Advanced Treatments Center brings together top researchers to advance the understanding of effective interventions for movement disorders and other neurological problems. Our experts are actively pursuing:
- New therapies for neurological conditions and consistent assessment criteria for each
- Research on disease mechanisms and biomarkers related to outcomes after treatment
- Screening of prospective volunteers for clinical trials
- Quality assurance measurements to improve the economics of treatment and improve the value of care
- Education for new movement disorders professionals, referring physicians, patients and caregivers