Diabetic Neuropathy Clinic
Johns Hopkins neuropathy experts know the potentially debilitating effects of diabetic neuropathy and other nerve disorders. Our team will work with you to create a tailored treatment plan for diabetic neuropathy, as well as connect you with our network of experts to manage diabetes and other underlying conditions. Our main diabetic neuropathy clinic is located at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, but we also have neuropathy experts across other Johns Hopkins locations.
Diabetic Neuropathy: Why Choose Johns Hopkins
- Our experienced professionals provide comprehensive evaluations using the latest diagnostic techniques and treatment options to help patients get back on their feet and maintain their quality of life.
- Our multi-specialty team creates a customized treatment plan for each patient, including physical therapy and podiatry referrals.
- Johns Hopkins is one of a few places in the U.S. that uses treatments such as botulinum toxin injections and spinal stimulators to successfully treat neuropathy. Our patients have access to other treatments, including new medications to control symptoms, procedures to alleviate pain and techniques to promote nerve growth.
- We offer diabetes management consultation, education and access to the latest clinical trials and pain management services.
Diabetic Neuropathy Treatment at Johns Hopkins
Patients at Johns Hopkins have access to cutting-edge therapies for diabetic neuropathy. Specialists in neurology, diabetes management and physical therapy work with each patient to create a customized treatment plan that includes:
- Optimum control of diabetes to prevent further nerve damage, developed by experts from the Johns Hopkins Comprehensive Diabetes Center. This can be achieved through a combination of diet, exercise, weight loss and medications that help reduce blood glucose levels and insulin resistance.
- Pain management with anti-seizure medications, botulinum toxin injections, antidepressants, and other drugs and therapies. In cases of severe pain, patients may be referred to the Blaustein Pain Treatment Center for a multi-specialty approach to pain management.
Our Diabetic Neuropathy Specialists
Xiaoling Li Sr., PA
Physician Assistant Expertise: neurological disorders, evaluation and treatment of peripheral neuropathy
To schedule an appointment for a diabetic neuropathy consultation, call Jennie Ichniowski at 410-502-2909. It will be helpful (but not required) to have your physician referral and recent test results available. After scheduling your appointment, you may fax test results to 410-502-5560.
Before Your First Appointment
Please complete these forms and bring them with you to your first appointment. If you have questions or need assistance, please call 410-502-2909.
- New Patient Questionnaire – Neurology Department: Provides your health care team with an overview of your medical history, lifestyle habits and current symptoms.
- Medication Reconciliation List: Provides your health care team with a current listing of the prescribed and over-the-counter medications (including vitamins and herbal supplements) you are taking.