The Neurology Residency at Johns Hopkins is a three-year program based at The Johns Hopkins Hospital and The Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center.
The major goal of the program is to prepare neurologists for a career in academic medicine, beginning with the acquisition of excellent clinical skills. A rich and diversified clinical experience is assured by exposure to several distinct inpatient services, consultative services, and outpatient settings at two teaching hospitals.
Residents, faculty and leadership of the adult and pediatric neurology residency programs discuss the education experiences residents find at Johns Hopkins.Learn more about the program
Johns Hopkins Residency and Fellowship Programs Win the 2023 ACGME Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Award
The Barbara Ross-Lee, DO Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Award is a national award that recognizes efforts to achieve diversity, equity, and inclusion in graduate medical education.
Hear from Our Leadership
Learn more about the adult neurology residency from the program Director, Rafael Llinas, M.D., F.A.H.A.
Please contact us with any questions about the application process or about the program:
Our Clinical Facilities
Johns Hopkins Hospital
- 24-bed neurosciences critical care unit (NCCU) staffed by neurology, neurosurgery, and neuroanesthesiology/critical care
- State-of-the-art adult and pediatric operating rooms, complete with an intra-operative MRI machine that provides real-time images of the brain during surgery
- Specialized epilepsy monitoring units (EMU): a 6-bed adult unit and a 4-bed pediatric unit. Both are enhanced with the latest technologies and uniquely designed for patients’ needs.
- Adult inpatient units with 58 beds, including the Brain Recovery Unit (BRU)
Bayview Medical Center
- Acute patient care facility with modern operating rooms and intensive care units
- Inpatient service of 8 critical care beds, 6 intermediate care beds and 15 inpatient service beds, for a total of 29 beds dedicated to neurological and neurosurgical patient care.
- Located two miles east of the Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions
Take a virtual tour of Baltimore and see where many of our residents and clinical fellows live.Learn more about living in Baltimore