Teen and Children's Council
- Improve relationships between patients and the health care team.
- Allow children who receive care at the Children’s Center to provide insight and feedback on their experiences.
- Provide opportunities for the health care team to listen to the patients.
- Collaborate as partners to create or be available as educational resources related to current hospital initiatives.
All patients and siblings served by Johns Hopkins Children’s Center and any hospital staff members are welcome to apply for membership in the Teen and Children’s Council (TACC). The application process includes submitting an application, participating in an interview and completing the volunteer recruitment process. The TACC seeks a membership that is diverse with respect to culture, race, religion, age, sexual preference and socioeconomic and educational background.
Qualities or Characteristics for a TACC member:
- Age between 12 and 21 years old
- Able to attend monthly meetings
- Has been or is a current patient or sibling of a patient at Johns Hopkins Children’s Center or clinics
- Child or teen is able to reflect upon his or her own experience at Johns Hopkins Children’s Center in a way that would improve patient care
- Child or teen is able commit to a two-year membership
If you have any questions, please email Tricia Willis for more information.