Women's Health: Mind and Mood
Mood and mental health play an important role in many aspects of women’s lives. They may affect relationships, self-esteem, work performance and even physical health. Research shows possible connections between certain mental health conditions and physical ailments, such as heart disease and gastrointestinal issues.
It’s important to recognize and get help for mood disorders and mental health concerns, such as anxiety, depression and bipolar disorder, as well as an unhealthy work-life balance. Doctors can discuss various ways women can maintain mental health and cope with stress, including exercise, healthy sleep habits, mindful eating and medication.
Wellness and Prevention
- Can Menopause Cause Depression?
- Stress: What You Need to Know
- Millennial Women Understanding the Links Between Heart Disease and Depression
- Gastrointestinal Issues: What's Your Brain Have to Do with It?
- Mental Health Among African American Women
- Stress on the Job: 4 Tips for Working Women
- Recognizing and Getting Help for Mood Disorders
- Need Stress Relief? Try Mindfulness Meditation
- Stress Busters 4 Integrative Treatments See More