Staying Active as You Age
If you aren’t already active, it can feel daunting to begin a routine. Ask your doctor what kinds of exercise will work best given your current activity level and discuss any existing health conditions Next, start slowly and gradually work up to a level you’re comfortable with. When it comes to being active, there’s something for everyone: walking, yoga, tai chi, swimming, water aerobics and weight training, to name a few. Try different activities until you find something you enjoy—you’ll be much more motivated to stick to it.
Wellness and Prevention
- Fitness Tips for 50-Plus
- 3 Kinds of Exercise That Boost Heart Health
- Fitness Trends: What's Smart for Your Heart?
- 8 Ways to Lose Belly Fat and Live a Healthier Life
- Fall Prevention: Balance and Strength Exercises for Older Adults
- Age-Defying Energy Levels
- Fuel Your Fitness
- Exercise Motivation Your Heart Will Love See More