Potential Emergency Situations and Conditions
Emergency situations can occur inside the home, in the neighborhood or far from home. Planning ahead is the best way to prepare for potential emergency situations and conditions. Unexpected emergency situations close to home can include critical health conditions, insect or animal bites, sunburn or accidental poisoning. Regardless of the situation, it’s important to have a plan in place to quickly get to medical help in case of an emergency.
Emergency situations and conditions can also occur when traveling. Before leaving home, consider the hazards that are characteristic of the final destination and how to avoid potential problems. Travel experts provide a variety of tips to keep families healthy and safe while traveling. Plans should be made in advance to minimize inconvenience and distress if illness occurs in a foreign country.
- Preparing for an Emergency
- Traveling with Chronic Conditions
- West Nile Virus
- Food-Drug Interactions
- Poisons Overview
- Salmonella Infections
- Chemical Poisoning and Syrup of Ipecac
- Yellow Fever
- Animal Bites and Rabies
- Are You Prepared for a Disaster?
- Enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli
- Packing a Hurricane Emergency Supply Kit
- The Lifesaving Power of Your Phone See More