Maintaining Heart Health
In today’s busy world, many people find it challenging to invest in heart-healthy habits and activities. And while some factors that impact heart health are beyond a person’s control, such as age and ethnicity, there are several lifestyle choices that are controllable and are root causes of known heart risks. According to health experts, maintaining heart health by addressing lifestyle factors can greatly reduce the risk of heart disease.
Lifestyle factors that affect the heart include smoking, body mass index (BMI) management, stress control and diet management. Adequate sleep and exercise are also vital for maintaining heart health.
To get a baseline of heart health, schedule a checkup with a health care provider. Then, work together to develop a cardiac health plan. When it comes to maintaining heart health, it’s important to empower patients to take control and make positive lifestyle changes.
Wellness and Prevention
- Could a Fitness Tracker Boost Your Heart Health?
- 7 Heart Benefits of Exercise
- Sitting Disease: How a Sedentary Lifestyle Affects Heart Health
- Help Your Heart by Overcoming Common Exercise Excuses
- Exercise Motivation Your Heart Will Love
- Why Exercise Matters for Your Heart
- A Heart-Smart Approach to Marathons and Vigorous Exercise
- ABCs of Moving More for Heart Health
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Big Benefits With Perseverance
- Fitness Trends: What's Smart for Your Heart?
- Why Exercise Isnt Enough to Keep Your Heart Healthy
- The Yoga-Heart Connection
- 3 Kinds of Exercise That Boost Heart Health See More