Maintaining Heart Health
In today’s busy world, many people find it challenging to invest in heart-healthy habits and activities. And while some factors that impact heart health are beyond a person’s control, such as age and ethnicity, there are several lifestyle choices that are controllable and are root causes of known heart risks. According to health experts, maintaining heart health by addressing lifestyle factors can greatly reduce the risk of heart disease.
Lifestyle factors that affect the heart include smoking, body mass index (BMI) management, stress control and diet management. Adequate sleep and exercise are also vital for maintaining heart health.
To get a baseline of heart health, schedule a checkup with a health care provider. Then, work together to develop a cardiac health plan. When it comes to maintaining heart health, it’s important to empower patients to take control and make positive lifestyle changes.
Wellness and Prevention
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Big Benefits With Perseverance
- Could a Fitness Tracker Boost Your Heart Health?
- Help Your Heart by Overcoming Common Exercise Excuses
- ABCs of Moving More for Heart Health
- Why Exercise Matters for Your Heart
- Sitting Disease: How a Sedentary Lifestyle Affects Heart Health
- Why Exercise Isnt Enough to Keep Your Heart Healthy
- The Yoga-Heart Connection
- A Heart-Smart Approach to Marathons and Vigorous Exercise
- 3 Kinds of Exercise That Boost Heart Health
- Fitness Trends: What's Smart for Your Heart? See More