Boosting Your Mood
Most people experience times when they feel unhappy, restless or irritable. There are several natural methods for boosting your mood, as well as treatments to discuss with your doctor if natural methods aren’t fully effective.
Taking steps to improve physical health can help boost mood and ward off depression. For example, many types of exercise have mood-boosting benefits, especially if they involve being outdoors. Try walking, playing a team sport or pumping iron at the gym. Diet also plays an important role in maintaining emotional health. Be sure to eat a diet rich in whole grains, lean meats, vegetables, fruits, beans and nuts.
Interacting with others can also help boost a person’s mood. Call a friend or family member to discuss problems or concerns. Get involved in community and volunteer activities to reach out to others and make a difference.
Be sure to discuss feelings of unhappiness, stress or anxiety with your doctor. Some people may need medication or other therapies to stabilize their mood. Remember to stay positive. Reflecting on positive thoughts, feelings and experiences can boost your mood and help you stay balanced.
Wellness and Prevention
- Managing Mood and Stress
- Managing Stress
- Could Your Marriage Benefit From Counseling?
- Tips to Manage Stress Eating
- Stress Management: Important at Any Age
- Risk Factors for Heart Disease: Don't Underestimate Stress
- Can Probiotics Improve Your Mood?
- Yoga for Sleep
- How to Relieve Stress: A 6-Step Plan to Feeling Good
- 4 Mindful Tips to De-Stress This Holiday Season See More