Bariatric surgery is a procedure performed on the stomach or intestines to induce weight loss. This surgery may be an option for people who are obese or have not been able to lose weight using other methods. There are several types of bariatric surgery.
After surgery, there are things to consider to ensure successful recovery and weight loss. With a smaller intake of food, and increased difficulty absorbing fats, it’s important to eat nutritiously to avoid iron deficiency or vitamin deficiency.
Treatments, Tests and Therapies
- Obesity Treatment Overview
- What Happens During the Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty Procedure
- Transoral Outlet Reduction
- Gastric Balloon for Weight Loss
- Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty
- Argon Plasma Coagulation for Weight Loss
- BPD/DS Weight-Loss Surgery
- Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding
- Gastric Restrictive Surgery
- Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Weight-Loss Surgery See More