Lung Cancer Treatment and Doctors in the Washington, D.C., Area
Johns Hopkins Medicine’s lung cancer experts provide advanced, comprehensive treatments and personalized, compassionate care in the Greater Washington area. We offer the latest medical advances in lung cancer care, including lung-sparing surgeries, immunotherapy and proton therapy.
Lung Cancers We Treat
Johns Hopkins Medicine experts in the Greater Washington area treat all types of lung cancers at all stages, including:
- Non-small cell lung cancer
- Small cell lung cancer
- Mediastinal tumor
- Pleural cancer
- Other primary and metastatic lung cancers
Why Choose Johns Hopkins for Lung Cancer Care
- World-class experts providing a unique treatment plan designed for you
- Access to clinical trials, immunotherapy and proton therapy at convenient treatment locations in and near Washington, D.C.
- Compassionate, easily accessible patient and family services, including cancer navigators, nutritionists and counseling groups, to support you at every step
- A well-coordinated team that keeps you informed and empowered
Significant Advances in Lung Cancer Treatment Bring Hope
Typically, patients with early-stage lung cancer have surgery sometimes followed by chemotherapy. A treatment recently approved by the Food and Drug Administration that combines chemotherapy and immunotherapy, given before surgery, is aiming to lower the risk of cancer coming back.
Meet Our Team
Our lung cancer team in the Greater Washington area includes specialists in surgery, radiation and medical oncology, and interventional pulmonology. They work with you to help you understand your treatment options and create the best care plan.
Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center Locations
Sibley Memorial Hospital
5255 Loughboro Road, N.W.
Washington D.C. 20016
8600 Old Georgetown Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
Johns Hopkins Health Care & Surgery Center
6420 Rockledge Drive
Bethesda, MD 20817