I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
The Heartburn Center is conducting cohort studies, clinical trials and comparative effectiveness research on cutting-edge therapies for GERD. Marcia Canto, M.D., director of the Heartburn Center and director of clinical research, Division of Gastroenterology, leads and oversees the research conducted at the Heartburn Center. A comprehensive, secure online registry facilitates clinical care and research at multiple practice locations.
Specific studies ongoing or planned:
- Barrett’s esophagus
- Endoscopic cryoballoon ablation
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Medical versus endoscopic therapy
- GERD in bariatric patients
- Transoral incisionless fundoplication (TIF)
- TIF Registry: a multicenter American prospective cohort aimed to assess short and long term outcomes of TIF/cTIF
- Barrett’s esophagus patients with dysplasia following successful endoscopic ablation
- Comparative outcomes of endoscopic versus surgical fundoplication
- Laryngopharyngeal reflux disease (LPRD)
- Post-POEM GERD
- Rescue TIF after failed surgical fundoplication (Nissen, Toupet) or Stretta
- TIF for proton pump inhibitor (PPI)-averse or -intolerant patients not interested in life-long medical therapy
If you are interested in more information about these studies, email email@example.com.