How do I know if my patient is a good candidate for a JH PACT referral?
JH PACT is generally a good fit for COVID-19 patients who required ICU care for at least 48 hours. A JH PACT referral can also be beneficial to seriously ill patients who experienced any of the following, even if they didn’t need an ICU stay:
- Significant persistent respiratory symptoms
- New or increased oxygen requirements at discharge
- Inpatient pulmonary consultation that recommended enrollment in the program
- Inpatient rehabilitation consultation with recommendations for post-discharge rehab
Finally, patients with lingering symptoms eight weeks post-COVID-19 diagnosis may qualify; a physician referral is required for discussion of services and evaluation.
Physician referral is required for an appointment in the JH PACT clinic.
*Please note that due to COVID-19 volume fluctuations, eligibility criteria are subject to change.
How do I refer my patient to JH PACT?
Who do I contact with questions about JH PACT?
Any questions regarding the JH PACT service can be directed to PACT@jhmi.edu.
- Johns Hopkins Post-Acute COVID-19 Team (PACT) Service Standards
- Johns Hopkins COVID-19 Rehabilitation Research
- Study: Survivorship After COVID-19 ICU Stay
- Refer patients to a weekly Spanish language virtual support group from Centro SOL
- Johns Hopkins Activity and Mobility Promotion COVID-19 Resources