I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Center for Music and Medicine
The Center for Music and Medicine is a network of initiatives taking place across The Johns Hopkins University and Johns Hopkins Medicine which bring together clinicians, researchers and musicians to explore the complex relationship between music and health and the possibilities for healing through music.
CMM’s initiatives span research, clinical care, and education and encompass a dual mission: to bring music into healthcare for therapeutic and aesthetic benefit and to foster health for musicians. Together these initiatives demonstrate the rich, varied, and deep commitment of Johns Hopkins to interdisciplinary collaboration for the benefit of patients, healthcare providers, and artists.
Center for Music & Medicine in the News
- The Rhythm of Healthier Aging | Center for Innovative Medicine
- Music Is Often a Better Medicine | Quality Management in Health Care
- Music Therapy Can Be Just What the Doctor Ordered | Parkinson's News Today
- Music Underlies This Neurologist's Life on the Job and Off | NeurologyToday
- Peabody's SmartGuitar Prototype Prevents Injury by Alerting Musicians When They Strum Too Strongly | Johns Hopkins Magazine
- Dementia Patients May Benefit from Music Therapy | Reuters
- Music a Potent Therapy for Parkinson's Sufferers | WYPR
- He was the ‘Golden Throat’ of Cox Radio. Until the day he woke up and couldn’t speak | The Washington Post
- Music and Medicine: Finding Harmony | Johns Hopkins University
- Second Annual Legacy Society Luncheon strikes a chord | Johns Hopkins University
- Advances Help Musicians with Repetitive Stress Injuries Continue to Play | Baltimore Sun
- A Noteworthy Endeavor | Hopkins Medicine
- Johns Hopkins Partners with Peabody Institute to Increase Patient Engagement Through Music | FierceHealthcare
- Emerging Hopkins Center Harmonizing Music and Medicine | Baltimore Sun
- Studying Music as the Prescription | Johns Hopkins Magazine