The Johns Hopkins Administrative Fellowship is intended for post-graduates who have completed their graduate studies within the last 18 months. Candidates should be motivated and self-starting, adaptive to change, and possess excellent analytic and communication skills. It should be noted that all components of our application packet must be included in order for us to complete your application and process it for review. The application deadline for the 2023 - 2025 Administrative Fellowship is October 7, 2022. Prior to starting the fellowship program in July, interested applicants must have a master’s degree from an accredited university in:
- Health Administration (MHA),
- Public Health (MPH)
- Business Administration (MBA)
- Or other related master’s degree program
Please note: Johns Hopkins is unable to offer employer sponsorship for employment authorization for the Administrative Fellowship.
Required Application Materials
- Online NAFCAS application
- Official Resume with undergraduate and graduate GPA listed
- Four Letters of Recommendation:
- Additional Academic or Professional
- Personal (Able to speak to your character and provide insight into your personal values, i.e. colleague, family member, friend, etc.)
- Graduate School Transcripts (only official transcripts will be accepted. Please send directly to NAFCAS.)
- Please note - It is important that you submit your official transcripts early for processing
- Personal Statement – Please prepare a personal statement that addresses the following questions (1000 words or less):
- What stimulated your interest in health care?
- Given that you have completed a master’s degree and are fully qualified for many positions in the healthcare industry, what do you hope to gain from the JHM fellowship that you could not gain from other career opportunities?
- What is something about you that makes you unique or that you would otherwise like us to know about yourself?
Please note: Application packets received after October 7th will not be considered. Your NAFCAS application status must be "complete" or "verified" by this date.
Applicants will receive an e-mail notification from NAFCAS once their application has been received and is ready for review.
First Round Interviews
After a thorough review of all complete applications, we will notify all applicants who have been chosen for a first-round interview. The first-round interviews will be conducted in the first two weeks of October. Not all applicants will obtain a first-round interview. First-round interviews may be conducted via phone or video conference.
Final Round Interviews
All efforts will be made to select and notify final round applicants by the third week of October. Finalists will be notified that they have been selected for a final interview by the Fellowship Program Office.
For final interviews, approximately 12 applicants will be invited to Baltimore to visit The Johns Hopkins Hospital (JHH) on October 17, 2022.
Selection of Administrative Fellows
The Johns Hopkins Medicine Administrative Fellowship program is participating in the National Council on Administrative Fellowships (NCAF) and has agreed to follow their guidelines. Finalists who have been selected for a fellowship position must respond by the uniform decision deadline. Offers may be made earlier than the decision deadline, and applicants can choose to accept, decline, or hold the offer until the decision deadline.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.