American Red Cross Blood Drive
Every two seconds, someone in America needs a unit of blood. That is 39,000 units each day, according to the American Red Cross. Together, we can help ensure hospitals and patients have the blood they need. Sign-up to donate blood at the next community drive at Suburban Hospital. Blood drives are held on a quarterly basis in partnerships with the American Red Cross.
Need others reasons to donate?
Every two seconds, someone needs blood.
- You’re only giving one pint, and your body will replenish that blood very quickly. One pint will save three lives! These lives could include a cancer patient, unborn child, or burn or trauma victim.
- The actual blood donation usually takes less than 10 minutes. The entire process - from the time you sign in to the time you leave — takes about an hour.
- If you’re at least 17 years old, in good health and at least 110 pounds, you can donate. Most persons with allergies and diabetes and are taking high blood pressure medication can donate.
To learn more and/or sign-up to donate blood, please call 1-800-GIVE-LIFE (1800-448-3543).
A platform to learn the latest innovate concepts and findings from leading experts in diabetes management and treatment. Offered in the spring.
Men’s Health Symposium
Held every June in honor of Men’s Health month, raise your awareness and learn the latest in men’s health that will keep your engine running for years to come. Get your questions answered by physicians from Suburban Hospital and Johns Hopkins Medicine.
Woman’s Health Symposium
In honor of Women’s Heart Month in February, this annual symposium is designed to help women take a new approach to improving their overall health wellbeing. Join physicians from Suburban Hospital and Johns Hopkins Medicine to learn the advances in women’s health.
Monthly Health Lectures
Suburban Hospital Johns Hopkins Medicine physicians and other healthcare professionals discuss the latest in research, technology, advances in medicine and other healthcare topics. All community seminars are free and open to the public. Registration is requested. Please register online at events.suburbanhospital.org for a complete listing of monthly community seminars.
- Friendship Heights Village Center | 4433 S. Park Avenue, Chevy Chase, MD | 2nd Wednesday of the month
- Holiday Park Senior Center | 3950 Ferrara Drive, Wheaton, MD | 3rd Tuesday of the month
- Rockville Senior Center | 1150 Carnation Drive, Rockville, MD | 4th Thursday of the month
*Times and dates are subject to change. Please refer to our events page for more information.
Browse through programs and register for an upcoming session.