The Montgomery County Thrift Shop is a partnership of five not-for-profit voluntary agencies, including the Suburban Hospital Auxiliary. Proceeds from the shop are used to further health, welfare and education programs in Montgomery County. Members of the Suburban Hospital Auxiliary operate at the Montgomery County Thrift Shop on Tuesdays. The Suburban Hospital Auxiliary has used the proceeds for nursing scholarships, patient education efforts and various health initiatives, including the very popular My Medical Information Card.
For more information, please call 301-654-0063 or visit www.mocothrift.org.
Location and Hours
Bethesda, MD 20814
Monday through Saturday:
9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Second and fourth Sunday of each month:
12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
The Thrift Store takes donations of usable household items and clothing in good condition. Items are accepted Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Donations are tax-deductible.
Items that are welcome include:
- Men's, women's and children's clothing, coats and shoes that are clean and free of holes
- Kitchen goods, including small appliances, silverware, glasses, dishes, etc. (No microwaves, please)
- Sheets and other gently used linens and towels
- Jewelry and watches
- Cameras and video recorders
- Books, CDs, DVDs, video games, etc.
- Sports equipment
- Puzzles and games
- Tools and other hardware
Items that are not accepted:
- Children's metal jewelry or clothing embellished with metal or jewelry
- Incomplete games or puzzles
- Cribs, bassinets, strollers or car seats
- Soiled or torn clothing
- Large televisions
- Cell phones
If you have questions about whether a donation will be accepted, please call 301-654-0063.