Quality & Patient Safety
The Quality & Patient Safety department supports the improvement of clinical quality and provision of a safe patient care environment.
- Support Physician Peer Review and Medical Staff Committees
- Help physicians understand regulatory information from The Joint Commission, state of Maryland, and CMS
- Update physicians on national patient safety practices
- Assist with the investigation of adverse events
- Assist with regular as well as complaint related survey activities
- Medical Staff Peer Review Policy
- Abbreviation List
- Notification of Unintended Outcomes
- National Patient Safety Goals – The Joint Commission
- Pain Management
- Use of Restraints
If we can be of assistance, please call us or visit our office on the first floor of the hospital, near the medical library and physician lounge. Telephone 301-896-3823.