If you need assistance paying your bill we may assist you with payment plans and/or financial assistance.
We recommend that you contact your insurance payer before any hospital, clinic or physician office visit to find out what is covered under your plan and whether you will be responsible for any part of the payment. If you are not able to pay your account in full, we can help you with a payment plan. And, if you are unable to pay for necessary medical care, you may qualify for financial assistance.
To set up a payment plan, you may contact admissions at the numbers listed below.
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital, 410-955-6056
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, 410-550-0830
- Howard County General Hospital, 410-740-7675
If you are unable to pay for necessary medical care, you may qualify for financial assistance if you:
- Are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident living in the United States for a minimum of one year. (Patients need not be U.S. citizens or permanent residents to qualify for financial assistance at Howard County General Hospital)
- Have exhausted all insurance options.
- Have been denied Medical Assistance or do not meet eligibility requirements.
- Meet other criteria for financial assistance, which is based on information you will be asked to provide regarding your income, assets and outstanding debt.
To determine if you are eligible for financial assistance, please fill out the following forms and return them to
Attn: Financial Assistance Liaison
3910 Keswick Road, Suite S-5100
Baltimore, MD 21211
- Johns Hopkins Hospital Requirements
- Johns Hopkins Hospital Patient Profile Questionnaire
- Maryland State Uniform Financial Assistance Application
- Johns Hopkins Hospital Medical Financial Hardship Application
If you would like additional information or assistance, please contact any of the customer service offices listed here.