I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Frequently Asked Questions
To help you prepare for your visit to Johns Hopkins and better understand the billing process, below are some frequently asked questions and the answers to them.
In addition, you should discuss your likely medical expenses in advance with your doctor, your insurer and the hospital. That way, you will be better able to manage your medical bills.
Click on the questions below to jump to the section of the Web site with the answer.
Frequently asked questions:
- What does Hopkins do to prepare for me to enter the hospital?
- With whom should I discuss my stay at Hopkins before I arrive there?
- Is it important for me to talk to my insurance company before I go to Hopkins?
- What if I have medical costs that I didn’t expect and aren’t covered by insurance?
- What should I bring with me when I come to Hopkins?
- What else will I need to know about my insurance coverage when I arrive at Hopkins?
- What if I receive a bill that’s more than Hopkins’ original estimate?
- When must I pay?
- When does Hopkins contact my insurance company?
- Will I receive one bill or separate bills for the hospital services and the services of my Hopkins physician?
- What types of bills will I receive if I am admitted to the hospital?
- What types of bills will I receive if I come to the hospital for an outpatient procedure?
- What types of bills are sent to patients who receive care at home?
- What types of bills will I get for the care I receive from Hopkins physicians?
- Do you accept payment by credit card, personal check, or cash?
- How can I set up a payment plan for my medical bills?
- How can I get financial assistance to pay my medical bills?
- Whom do I call if I have questions about any bill I’ve received from Johns Hopkins Medicine?
- What if I am a citizen of a foreign country and coming to Hopkins from overseas for treatment? Whom do I contact?