Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Conditions and Treatments
Schedule an Appointment
Our interventionists perform innovative treatments using state-of-the-art techniques in a variety of imaging modalities including fluoroscopy, computed tomography, ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging.
- Placement of PICCs (Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters)
- Placement of chest ports
- Placement and maintenance of apheresis, and infusion catheters
- Temporary central venous catheters
Dialysis access treatments
- Percutaneous dialysis fistula / graft treatments
- Vascular recanalization
- Tunneled central venous catheter
Chronic Renal Failure/End Stage Renal Disease
- Dialysis access planning (venography)
- Percutaneous treatment of malfunctioning or thrombosed dialysis access
- Image-guided soft tissue and bone biopsy
- Intraarticular steroid injections
- Percutaneous liver and kidney biopsy
- Transjugular liver biopsy
- Placement and maintenance of gastrostomy and gastrojejunostomy feeding tubes
- Placement and maintenance of cecostomy tubes
- Percutaneous drainage of abscesses and fluid collections
- Placement of chest tubes
- Nephrostomy, nephroureterostomy and urteteronephrostomy
- Ureteral stents
- Percutaneous access for stone retrieval
- Suprapubic drainage
- Uterine fibroid embolization
- Pelvic pain (chronic)
- Infertility – Selective salpinography
- Vascular disease
- Biliary drainage (native and transplant liver)
- Biliary Endoscopic Laser Lithotripsy (BELL) and percutaneous stone retrieval
- Peripheral arterial disease - Audio interview
- Renal vascular disease - renal artery angioplasty and stenting
- Visceral angiography
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Hemoptysis - bronchial artery embolization
- Preoperative vessel occlusion
- Sclerotherapy of venous and lymphatic malformations
- AVMs - Peripheral and pulmonary
Varicose Veins and Venous Insufficiency
- Varicose veins - Legs
- Varicose veins - Other
Venous Thromboembolic Disease
- Venous thrombolysis, angioplasty and stenting
- Permanent and temporary caval filtration
- Variceal embolization
Request an Appointment
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.