2023 Johns Hopkins Medicine United Way CampaignOct. 16-Dec. 22
Johns Hopkins Medicine is committed to supporting the communities that we serve. The annual United Way campaign raises funds and awareness about the need for access to quality health care, financial stability, housing and education. Learn more.
Give NowChoose How You Want to Make a Difference
When designating your gift to help our neighbors in need, you have options. You can choose to donate to the general United Way fund, to a specific United Way program, to any 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization of your choice, to eligible Johns Hopkins departments and programs, or any combination of these options. You can also donate the value of your unused paid leave/vacation time.
- Log into https://login.johnshopkins.edu/unitedway (or https://hopkins.org/unitedway)
- Click GIVE in the top menu options or links on the home page.
- Select your pledge type — Payroll Deduction or Credit Card.
- Enter how much you’d like to give. If using Payroll Deduction, select your Deduction Per Pay. If using Credit Card, select your Pledge Amount.
- If you’d like to designate your gift, check Yes next to “Would you like to direct your donation to a specific program or other non-profit?” Click Next.
- Select where you would like your donation to go. Your local United Way and their programs will automatically populate, along with eligible Johns Hopkins programs.
- You can also choose to donate to a nonprofit of your choice. Search for a specific nonprofit using the search bar under Direct My Gift Through United Way. If you cannot find the nonprofit you are looking for, select Write In Recipient to write in the organization of your choice.
- Allocate your pay per deductions between recipients. The total must match the amount you selected to donate from the previous screen.
- Confirm your contact details and pledge details. If using Credit Card, enter your billing and payment information.
- Click Submit to complete your donation. Thank you!
Download a donation user guide about how to give.
Eligible Johns Hopkins Health System employees are able to donate unused paid leave to this year's United Way campaign. Complete this form by Nov. 30, to donate your paid leave.
Paid leave refers to paid time off (PTO), paid annual leave (PAL) or paid day's leave (PDL). Sick leave is not eligible for donation. The dollar value of your donation will depend on your hourly pay rate and your employer's accrued leave policy. All donated hours will be deducted from your leave bank following the second pay period in December 2023.
Questions? Review FAQs about donating the value of your paid leave to the 2023 campaign.
Use the following resources for the JHM United Way campaign, and to learn more about United Way of Central Maryland (UWCM) and United Way of the National Capital Area (UWNCA).
Join the Community Impact Leadership Institute.
Details about fundraising events to support the United Way campaign will be shared here as they become available.