Outcomes After Critical Illness and Surgery (OACIS) is a multidisciplinary clinical and research group focused on understanding and improving patient outcomes after critical illness and surgery.
OACIS activities include clinical quality improvement projects and research focused on longitudinal, long-term patient outcomes assessments, both locally and nationally, with evaluation of physical, cognitive, and mental health outcomes.
Areas of Expertise:
- Design issues for
- Multidisciplinary intensive care unit (ICU) quality improvement projects
- Longitudinal patient outcomes research
- Validated clinical and survey-based measures for patient outcomes research
- Methods for maximizing participant retention in longitudinal studies
- Statistical analysis of longitudinal observational data which considers:
- Time-varying confounders
- Repeated measures
- Competing risks/survival bias