A brow lift, also called an eyebrow lift or forehead lift, is a cosmetic procedure that raises the eyebrows to decrease the appearance of wrinkles and frown lines and to lift sagging skin.
Brow Lift: Before and After Pictures
Brow Lift: Why Choose Johns Hopkins Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery?
- The facial plastic and reconstructive surgery team is dedicated to restoring the function and aesthetic appearance of the facial features, head and neck.
- Patients can be confident in an approach that takes into account their skin type, age and ethnicity, and what they want to achieve.
- With a large number of patients and an experienced faculty with specific training in the structure of the head and neck region, we offer a rare degree of skill and expertise, even in the most complex procedures.
- Our surgeons take a holistic approach to brow lifts, considering the balance and harmony among each area of the face and its proportions.
Brow Lift: What to Expect
One of our experts will review your options, including the three types of brow lifts: the classic or coronal brow lift, the endoscopic brow lift and the temporal lift. Together, you and your surgeon will decide which is the best choice for you.
Classic or Coronal Brow Lift
A classic brow lift is performed under anesthesia and involves an incision that starts just above the ear level and follows the hairline up the forehead to the next ear. Carefully lifting the skin of the forehead enables adjustment of the fat, tissues and facial muscles, if necessary. After trimming excess skin, the surgeon closes the incision and applies dressing and bandages.
Endoscopic Brow Lift
An endoscopic brow lift is a minimally invasive procedure performed under anesthesia. After making a series of small incisions hidden in the hair, the surgeon uses specialized equipment to gently release and elevate the brow tissue. Generally, this procedure involves faster healing time and less bruising than the classic approach.
A temporal lift is also a minimally invasive procedure, but can be performed under local anesthesia in the office. This scaled-back endoscopic lift can produce excellent results with minimal downtime.
After the Procedure
After your procedure, our expert staff will provide you with care instructions to prevent infection, minimize discomfort and ensure the best possible result while you heal. These may include:
- Taking pain medication
- Using cold compresses to minimize swelling
- Elevating the head while sleeping
- Avoiding strenuous activity during recovery
If your surgeon has placed a drainage tube, you can return to have it removed on the first or second day after your procedure.
Our doctors are board certified in both otolaryngology-head and neck surgery and facial plastic and reconstructive surgery, which gives our team a unique and comprehensive level of expertise.