I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Home > News and Publications > JHM Publications > Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban > New Directions Winter 2012
Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban - Fueled by Philanthropy: $1M Gift to Advance Neuro Care
New Directions Winter 2012
Fueled by Philanthropy: $1M Gift to Advance Neuro Care
Date: November 1, 2012
A $1 million charitable gift from Bethesda resident Sikta Pradhan, Ph.D., will directly impact the care of stroke and other neuroscience patients at Suburban Hospital in the near future.
Dr. Pradhan’s gift will be used to name the Ortho/Neuro/Trauma unit in honor and memory of her late husband Sachin N. Pradhan, M.D., Ph.D., a former Distinguished Professor of Pharmacology of Howard University School of Medicine and a fellow of the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology. In addition to naming the unit, a significant portion of Dr. Pradhan's funding will support programmatic initiatives in neurology and neurosurgery by helping the hospital acquire the latest 3 Tesla, or 3T, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) system.
Doubling the strength of the current MRI system, the sophisticated 3T magnet will help physicians improve the accuracy of diagnoses and treatments of broad categories of diseases, including stroke, brain tumors, epilepsy and more.
In addition to funding this important technology, Dr. Pradhan also hopes that her gift will inspire similar generosity and vision from others.
To learn more about the importance of philanthropic support, please contact the Suburban Hospital Foundation at 301-896-3971.
Articles in this Issue
Inside this Issue
- Research: Imaging Acute Brain Injury
- Johns Hopkins Community Physicians are Now in Germantown
- Why Suburban?
- Year-End Giving
- Commitment to Excellence
- President’s Message
- CGAs Offer Income for Life
- Common Symptoms of a Heart Attack
- Noteworthy! Shaw Family Foundation Donates $1M to Pediatric Emergency Department
- Neurosurgeon David Lin, M.D., Ph.D., Joins Suburban Hospital
- MobileMed/NIH Heart Clinic at Suburban Hospital
- NIH Heart Center at Suburban Hospital Celebrates Great Outcomes, Outreach and Research
- Noteworthy! Suburban Named Healthiest Workplace
- Turning the Table for Hip Replacement Patient
- Research: FDA Authorizes New Stem Cell Trial
- Wilmer Eye Institute Opens Office in Bethesda
- Record-Breaking Year for Key To The Cure Event Honors Survivors, Supports Women’s Cancer Programs
- My Health Record: Don’t Leave Home Without It!
- Fueled by Philanthropy: $1M Gift to Advance Neuro Care