I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Home > News and Publications > JHM Publications > Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban > New Directions Summer 2013
Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban - Suburban Hospital and Kaiser Permanente Form a Stronger Partnership
New Directions Summer 2013
Suburban Hospital and Kaiser Permanente Form a Stronger Partnership
Date: July 1, 2013
Kaiser Permanente members now have access to Suburban Hospital as one of the health plan’s core hospitals
Kaiser Permanente, considered one of Maryland’s “Top HMOs,” according to the Maryland Health Care Commission,* coordinates complete health care services for almost 500,000 members through 30 medical centers in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Kaiser Permanente is highly selective when it comes to partnering with hospitals. Only those that meet the health plan’s stringent requirements for quality care, comfort and services qualify.
“We chose to partner with Suburban because we share the same commitment to the health and well-being of our patients and we work together for the best possible outcome,” says Dr. Carol Cardinale, Kaiser Permanente chief of cardiology for Maryland and the District of Columbia. “Our team continues to be impressed by the quality of the nursing and medical staff and the state-of-the-art technology and medical imaging available to patients at Suburban.”
Kaiser Permanente members go to Suburban Hospital for cardiac care, including diagnostic and therapeutic testing, and orthopedic surgery. Dr. Cardinale adds, “Our patients have been highly satisfied with their experiences at Suburban.” Kaiser Permanente believes that coordinating members’ hospital care with their personal physician’s care leads to better health results. When a Kaiser Permanente member becomes a patient at Suburban, care is guided around the clock by on-site Kaiser Permanente physicians. They communicate directly with the patient’s primary care physician to coordinate follow-up care.
At Suburban, Kaiser Permanente physicians have members’ electronic health history at their fingertips, including medication history, lab and imaging results, medication allergies, doctors’ notes and more. They are also able to update members’ medical records with the details of their hospital stay.
To Learn More | For information about Kaiser Permanente, visit kp.org/thrive.
*Kaiser Permanente of the Mid-Atlantic States is the highest-scoring health maintenance organization in the Maryland Health Care Commission’s 2011 Health Benefit Plan Performance Report: Measuring the Quality of Maryland Commercial Health Benefit Plans.
Articles in this Issue
Inside this Issue
- Certified Nurse Interviews
- Fueled by Philanthropy: New Gifts Support Nursing Excellence, Education
- Nursing Initiative Tackles Post-Op Nausea
- Johns Hopkins Community Physicians Opens D.C. Location
- Suburban Welcomes New Board Chairmen
- Planning Board Approves Suburban’s Campus Enhancement Plans
- Patient Follow-up Calls Improve Communications, Reduce Readmissions
- Cancer Program Achieves Three-Year Accreditation with Commendation
- Ready, Set, Grow! Suburban Hospital Pediatrics Festival
- Focus on Philanthropy: Generous Support for Patient Navigator, Suburban Physicians
- President’s Message
- And the Winners Are…
- Suburban Celebrates Its Certified Nurses
- Orthopaedic Surgeon Daniel Valaik, M.D., Joins Suburban
- Suburban Hospital 2013 Community Benefit Report
- 3D Mammography Now Available for Breast Imaging
- Anesthesiology “Unmasked”
- Suburban Hospital and Kaiser Permanente Form a Stronger Partnership