I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Home > News and Publications > JHM Publications > Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban > New Directions Summer 2013
Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban - Planning Board Approves Suburban’s Campus Enhancement Plans
New Directions Summer 2013
Planning Board Approves Suburban’s Campus Enhancement Plans
Date: July 1, 2013
In April, the Montgomery County Planning Board unanimously approved Suburban Hospital’s campus enhancement plans. The project includes more private patient rooms, larger operating rooms that will be located on the same floor as the Emergency/Trauma Department, additional parking, better traffic and pedestrian circulation, and more physician office space.
In 2010 the Montgomery County Board of Appeals approved the modification to Suburban’s campus. The Huntington Terrace Citizens Association, whose members live close to the hospital, appealed that decision to the Circuit Court, which rejected their efforts to stop the project. Suburban is currently awaiting another decision from the Maryland Court of Special Appeals.
“This project is extremely important for our patients, staff and our community,” said Suburban Hospital President Gene E. Green, M.D. “It is critical to rightsizing our building and our campus to meet contemporary standards for health care. I am so pleased that we are now one step closer to making our plans a reality.”
For more information about Suburban's campus enhancement plans, click here.
Articles in this Issue
Inside this Issue
- Certified Nurse Interviews
- Fueled by Philanthropy: New Gifts Support Nursing Excellence, Education
- Nursing Initiative Tackles Post-Op Nausea
- Johns Hopkins Community Physicians Opens D.C. Location
- Suburban Welcomes New Board Chairmen
- Planning Board Approves Suburban’s Campus Enhancement Plans
- Patient Follow-up Calls Improve Communications, Reduce Readmissions
- Cancer Program Achieves Three-Year Accreditation with Commendation
- Ready, Set, Grow! Suburban Hospital Pediatrics Festival
- Focus on Philanthropy: Generous Support for Patient Navigator, Suburban Physicians
- President’s Message
- And the Winners Are…
- Suburban Celebrates Its Certified Nurses
- Orthopaedic Surgeon Daniel Valaik, M.D., Joins Suburban
- Suburban Hospital 2013 Community Benefit Report
- 3D Mammography Now Available for Breast Imaging
- Anesthesiology “Unmasked”
- Suburban Hospital and Kaiser Permanente Form a Stronger Partnership