I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Home > News and Publications > JHM Publications > Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban > New Directions Summer 2012
Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban - President’s Message
New Directions Summer 2012
Date: June 1, 2012
Every year in the summer issue of New Directions we recognize and celebrate two key attributes of Suburban Hospital that help set us apart: the thousands of hours of community benefit activity that our staff generously donate, and the skill and dedication of our wonderful nursing staff.
When we consider that our nurses are well represented among those who give their personal time for community health and wellness events, then we understand how those two themes converge.
Beyond the devoted care they provide to our patients 24/7, our nurses can always be counted on to staff health screenings, seminars, and specialty clinics for the uninsured. They walk and run in events that raise money for heart care and breast cancer, and they mentor students interested in healthcare careers. Their drive to keep our community well is as strong as their commitment to heal those who are ill.
This year, I am particularly proud to announce that our Community Benefit Report earned a perfect score from the Maryland Health Services Cost Review Commission (HSCRC) – an accomplishment shared by only 4 of more than 40 non-profit hospitals in Maryland. This recognition signifies that Suburban’s 2,500 programs that reached 149,000 people for a total contribution of more than $18 million successfully met state, county, and hospital-identified community health needs.
There are many reasons why I am proud of Suburban Hospital, and fulfilling our community commitment is one of them.
Have a safe and enjoyable summer.
Articles in this Issue
Inside this Issue
- Patient and Family Advisory Council Making Great Strides
- Noteworthy! Suburban Becomes Exclusive Health Sponsor for Girls on the Run Moco!
- President’s Message
- Summertime, Summertime, Sum…Sum… Summertime
- Identifying Your Caregivers with Ease
- And the Winners Are….! Nurses and Techs Honored at Suburban
- FDA Authorizes New Stem Cell Trial at Suburban Hospital
- Noteworthy! Sleep Disorders Center Earns Accreditation by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- JHCP Update: Expanded Specialty Care at JHCP’s Downtown Bethesda Practice
- Saturday Hours for Primary Care and Pediatrics at JHCP – North Bethesda
- 2012 Showcase Spectacular Benefits Cardiac Care
- Pediatric Care at JHCP – North Bethesda
- Patient Service Center in New Chevy Chase Location
- Nurses Hold Key Role in Unique Care Model for Heart Patients
- Way to Go! Radial Artery Catheterization
- Nurses Study Way to Ease Patient Pain
- Why Suburban?