I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Home > News and Publications > JHM Publications > Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban > New Directions Summer 2012
Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban - Patient and Family Advisory Council Making Great Strides
New Directions Summer 2012
Patient and Family Advisory Council Making Great Strides
Date: June 1, 2012
From l-r: Toby Levin, Beverly Labourdette, Barbara Kahl, and Suzanne Blouin. Missing from the photo is Steve Bokat.
Founded two years ago as part of Suburban’s commitment to improving the patient experience, the Patient and Family Advisory Council is making great strides. A Wayfinding Committee is now hard at work reviewing the hospital’s signage and will share ideas to make it easier for patients and visitors to find their way around Suburban.
Recently the Council organized the first annual Service of Remembrance to honor the memory of patients and hospital staff who passed away in 2011. Council member Toby Levin, of North Bethesda, is pleased with the work of the Council. “We’ve been given numerous opportunities to become involved in shaping policies and making improvements at Suburban Hospital,” she says. “We’re more than just the voice of support for patients and families who come to Suburban; our thoughts and opinions really matter.”
If you have an interest in being a member of the Patient and Family Advisory Council, please call Nancy Miller at 301-896-3043.
Articles in this Issue
Inside this Issue
- Patient and Family Advisory Council Making Great Strides
- Noteworthy! Suburban Becomes Exclusive Health Sponsor for Girls on the Run Moco!
- President’s Message
- Summertime, Summertime, Sum…Sum… Summertime
- Identifying Your Caregivers with Ease
- And the Winners Are….! Nurses and Techs Honored at Suburban
- FDA Authorizes New Stem Cell Trial at Suburban Hospital
- Noteworthy! Sleep Disorders Center Earns Accreditation by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- JHCP Update: Expanded Specialty Care at JHCP’s Downtown Bethesda Practice
- Saturday Hours for Primary Care and Pediatrics at JHCP – North Bethesda
- 2012 Showcase Spectacular Benefits Cardiac Care
- Pediatric Care at JHCP – North Bethesda
- Patient Service Center in New Chevy Chase Location
- Nurses Hold Key Role in Unique Care Model for Heart Patients
- Way to Go! Radial Artery Catheterization
- Nurses Study Way to Ease Patient Pain
- Why Suburban?