I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Home > News and Publications > JHM Publications > Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban > New Directions Summer 2012
Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban - Identifying Your Caregivers with Ease
New Directions Summer 2012
Identifying Your Caregivers with Ease
Date: June 1, 2012
From left to right: Chona Umali Nurse, Ruth Teferi Housekeeping, Derek Herford Respiratory, Carla DeSimone Radiology, Deb Chase Speech & Language, Jean Edmond Patient Care Tech and David Childs Unit Secretary
Suburban Hospital relies on our ##1 customers — our patients — to tell us about their experiences here — and we welcome all feedback. If you have been a patient, you know that many people are responsible for your care in the hospital. There are doctors, nurses, patient care techs, radiology and respiratory technologists, physical therapists, housekeeping and more.
When it comes to direct patient care, nurses get to know our patients on a level few other staff have the opportunity to. So when we continued to hear from patients and family members that it was difficult to identify people and their roles as they came in and out of the room through their hospital stay, our nurses decided to do something to help. They launched a hospital-wide initiative to standardize scrub colors to make it easier for patients and family members to identify staff. Departments got to vote on the scrub color they would adopt to represent them.
It worked! We now hear positive comments about the ease with which patients and family members can identify hospital staff. This is just one more way nurses make a difference at Suburban Hospital!
Articles in this Issue
Inside this Issue
- Patient and Family Advisory Council Making Great Strides
- Noteworthy! Suburban Becomes Exclusive Health Sponsor for Girls on the Run Moco!
- President’s Message
- Summertime, Summertime, Sum…Sum… Summertime
- Identifying Your Caregivers with Ease
- And the Winners Are….! Nurses and Techs Honored at Suburban
- FDA Authorizes New Stem Cell Trial at Suburban Hospital
- Noteworthy! Sleep Disorders Center Earns Accreditation by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- JHCP Update: Expanded Specialty Care at JHCP’s Downtown Bethesda Practice
- Saturday Hours for Primary Care and Pediatrics at JHCP – North Bethesda
- 2012 Showcase Spectacular Benefits Cardiac Care
- Pediatric Care at JHCP – North Bethesda
- Patient Service Center in New Chevy Chase Location
- Nurses Hold Key Role in Unique Care Model for Heart Patients
- Way to Go! Radial Artery Catheterization
- Nurses Study Way to Ease Patient Pain
- Why Suburban?