I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Home > News and Publications > JHM Publications > Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban > New Directions Spring 2013
Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban - President’s Message
New Directions Spring 2013
Date: May 1, 2013
It seems just yesterday I was writing my first column for this newsletter. When I became president 11 years ago, I could not have imagined how quickly the health care environment would change, nor that Suburban would join one of the most respected health care organizations in the world—Johns Hopkins Medicine (JHM).
In 2009, Suburban became the fourth hospital in the Hopkins system, following Howard County General Hospital. More recently, two other hospitals have joined—All Children’s Hospital in St. Petersburg, Florida, and Sibley Memorial Hospital in D.C.
Being part of a large health care system, which also includes Johns Hopkins Community Physicians (JHCP), has enabled us to serve patients in ways that would not have been possible as stand-alone organizations. With more strategic coordination needed among our three community hospitals and JHCP, two years ago I was asked to lead the newly formed Community Division. On February 1, I moved into that role full time, although I will continue to work closely with the leadership of JHCP, Sibley Memorial, and Howard County General hospitals, as well as Suburban Hospital’s new president, Gene E. Green, M.D.
While my role changes, I will always treasure my time as Suburban’s president. I am extremely proud of our staff and equally proud that, as part of JHM, we have been able to enhance our commitment to our community. While there are many changes in our industry, we will always remain focused on providing high-quality, safe and effective care.
Articles in this Issue
Inside this Issue
- Suburban Hospital Cardiac Rehab Celebrating 30 Years of Caring for Patients!
- Donate to Say “Thanks!”
- Trust Your Gut: Take Colon Health Seriously
- JHCP Update
- Suburban Hospital Auxiliary Celebrating 70 Years of Service!
- Varicose Vein Screenings Continue | FREE!
- Suburban Hospital Welcomes New President
- We Are Here to Help
- Cover Photo
- Dr. Zurab Nadareishvili Named Director of NIH Stroke Program at Suburban
- Pt 2: Trust Your Gut: Take Colon Health Seriously (Online Exclusive)
- Nursing Program Gets a Boost from Local Family
- New Location for Comprehensive Breast Specialty Center
- Pediatric Celebration Coming Soon!
- President’s Message
- My Health and Medication Record Now in Spanish!
- Suburban Hospital and the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Translating Science into Treatment for Heart Disease
- The Sleep Disorders Centers at Sibley Memorial Hospital and Suburban Hospital We’ve Got You Covered
- Focus on Philanthropy: Heart Program Support Strengthens Care, Outreach