I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Home > News and Publications > JHM Publications > Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban > New Directions Spring 2012
Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban - President’s Message
New Directions Spring 2012
Date: May 1, 2012
Choosing a health-care provider for yourself or a loved one is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. That’s why more and more people are doing their homework and basing their decisions on objective criteria measured by independent organizations.
At Suburban Hospital, we welcome the opportunity to put our clinical programs under a microscope in order to prove they are among the best. In this issue of New Directions, you will read about three programs that recently earned distinction from institutions focused on evaluating the quality of hospitals throughout the country.
Our cover story focuses on the Suburban Hospital Joint Replacement Center, which recently earned the Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission, a not-for-profit organization that sets quality standards for hospitals. Suburban’s Joint Center was the first in Montgomery County and D.C. to earn this mark of excellence, which recognizes our strong clinical outcomes. Similarly, in December we were pleased to learn that the NIH Stroke Center at Suburban Hospital was recertified by The Joint Commission.
Finally, after a rigorous review of its program and standards, The Suburban Hospital Breast Center earned a full three-year accreditation from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). Among the criteria reviewed were our program leadership, tumor board, inter-disciplinary care, patient navigation, research, imaging, community outreach and staff education.
This kind of third-party recognition means you can choose Suburban Hospital with confidence, knowing that we hold ourselves accountable for providing the best health care possible.
Articles in this Issue
Inside this Issue
- Stroke: Signs and Symptoms
- National Doctors’ Day
- Fueled by Philanthropy
- News in Brief: New Programs, Services and Information
- Suburban Gave Me My Life Back
- Save the date! SHOWCASE 2012
- Noteworthy! Suburban’s Schultz Recognized by Washingtonian Magazine
- Noteworthy! June Marlin Falb Joins Suburban as Vice President of Development
- Seeing Hospitals Through Seniors’ Eyes
- Suburban Hospital Breast Center Awarded Full Accreditation by the NAPBC
- Remodeled Sleep Center Rooms Invite a Good Night’s Rest
- Donor Funds Improve Patient Comfort, Expand Outreach
- Why Suburban?
- Noteworthy! Best Emergency Department!
- New Video Interviews
- NIH Stroke Center at Suburban Hospital
- President’s Message
- Auxiliary Tea and Silent Auction
- Suburban Hospital Joint Replacement Center: Successful Outcomes Are Par for the Course
- Medicine for Public 2012 Free Lecture Series