I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Home > News and Publications > JHM Publications > Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban > New Directions Fall 2013
Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban - Consumer Reports: Suburban Hospital One of the Best Hospitals for Surgery in Maryland/DC Region
New Directions Fall 2013
Consumer Reports: Suburban Hospital One of the Best Hospitals for Surgery in Maryland/DC Region
Date: September 1, 2013
Suburban Hospital is one of the best Maryland hospitals for surgery, according to data recently released by Consumer Reports. Suburban was one of nine Maryland hospitals to achieve the highest rating possible, with a score of “Better,” the highest rating on a five-point scale. No DC hospitals achieved the highest ranking.
The September 2013 ratings consider how high-volume hospitals in the United States and Puerto Rico compare in avoiding adverse events in Medicare patients during their hospital stay for a surgical procedure. The ratings are based on the percentage of a hospital’s surgery patients who died in the hospital or stayed longer than expected for their procedure.
Articles in this Issue
Inside this Issue
- Neurosurgeon, Quoc-Anh Thai, M.D., FAANS, FACS, Joins Johns Hopkins
- President’s Message
- When Combat Veteran Is Thrown a Curveball Unique Research Collaboration for Traumatic Brain Injury Comes to the Rescue
- JHCP Heart Care Will Open Two New Locations
- About Suburban Hospital’s Joint Replacement Center
- Audiologist Joins Practice
- Festival Marks 10 Years of Pediatrics at Suburban Hospital
- Johns Hopkins Liver and Biliary Disease Specialist Now in Bethesda
- $500,000 Gift to Support Infusion Services
- Key To The Cure
- Home Sleep Studies Available
- A Clear Vision for Suburban Hospital Surgery Center
- U.S. News & World Report Rankings Announced
- Consumer Reports: Suburban Hospital One of the Best Hospitals for Surgery in Maryland/DC Region
- Patient and Family Advisory Council Seeks New Members
- $2.5M Bender Foundation Gift to Support Campus Enhancement, Nursing and Emergency/Trauma Care
- Free Varicose Vein Screenings
- Suburban Hospital Auxiliary Celebrates 70 Years of Service