Name: Jason Prescott, M.D., Ph.D.
Title: Assistant Professor of Surgery and of Oncology, Director of Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery
Years at Johns Hopkins: 6
Interests and Goals:
- Dissecting the subcellular molecular changes that turn a normal thyroid cell into a cancer cell and identifying new therapeutics targeting these changes.
- Using transgenic zebrafish and human cell lines, Prescott and his lab team are developing high-throughput screening systems for identification of new anti-thyroid cancer drugs.
- The Johns Hopkins Ross Physician Scientist Endowment
- The American Thyroid Association
- The American Association of Endocrine Surgeons
Highlights of Zebrafish Research:
Developed a number of live transgenic fish with fluorescent thyroids for use in studies of both normal thyroid development and of thyroid cancer development.
Developing transgenic zebrafish needed to perform high-throughput screening for new anti-thyroid cancer drugs.