Everyone in a Johns Hopkins Medicine building is required to wear a face mask to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, and the masks must be worn properly, covering both the nose and mouth. Remember to stay 6 feet apart from other people, and wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
Read our mask-wearing tips to get the maximum protection for yourself and others.
- Wash your hands before and after touching the mask.
- Touch only the bands or ties when putting on and taking off your mask.
- Make sure the mask fits to cover your nose, mouth and chin. If you adjust the mask to cover those areas, wash your hands before and after.
- Make sure you can breathe and talk comfortably through your mask.
- Wash reusable masks after each use. If the mask is disposable, discard it when visibly soiled or damaged.