The newly named Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital celebrated its 90th anniversary on April 5 with a special event and logo unveiling held for more than 500 hospital supporters, staff members, Johns Hopkins leadership and local community officials. The event also marked the fifth anniversary of the hospital joining Johns Hopkins Medicine to pursue a new level of excellence in medical education, research and clinical care.
Ronald J. Daniels, president of The Johns Hopkins University; Paul B. Rothman, dean of the medical faculty and CEO of Johns Hopkins Medicine; and Ronald R. Peterson, president of The Johns Hopkins Hospital and Health System and executive vice president of Johns Hopkins Medicine, shared their congratulations on the progress made in the past five years. Also speaking was Jonathan Ellen, the hospital’s president and vice dean.
The hospital was founded in 1926 as the American Legion Hospital for Crippled Children to care for children with polio and other debilitating disorders. Last month’s event acknowledged the hospital’s growth over the past nine decades. It also recognized the benefits of becoming a physician-led institution and being part of the Johns Hopkins family, including increased access to collaboration, learning and discovery, along with the draw of top-notch physicians, nurses and research scientists.