- New initiatives to foster joy include appointing a “director of wellness” for students on the East Baltimore campus and keeping Einstein Bros. Bagels open 24/7 in The Johns Hopkins Hospital for residents and fellows.
- Johns Hopkins has formed a Joy in Medicine Task Force that will develop a “blueprint for boosting satisfaction” among caregivers.
- Departments have been asked to address gender pay gaps among people with comparable jobs.
- Grants to the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine skyrocketed 21 percent, from $741 million in FY15 to $898 million in FY16.
- Johns Hopkins inHealth, an initiative launched this year to customize treatment plans for patients, promises to achieve quicker diagnoses, more advanced treatments and healthier outcomes.
- In March, The Johns Hopkins Hospital opened the Judy Reitz Capacity Command Center, which uses electronic data engineering principles to manage patient flow.
To view Dean/CEO Rothman's speech, go to: bit.ly/stateofJHM.