I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
1. Do You Suffer From Migraine Headaches?
Researchers at University of Maryland Dental School and The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine are looking for volunteers with migraine headaches to participate in a research study looking at ways to reduce headaches that do not involve drugs. You will learn various stress management techniques and some people will learn mindfulness meditation techniques.
To participate, you must:
- Be 18-65 years old
- Have had migraines for at least one year
- Experience 4 to 14 headaches per month
- Not be using opioid (“narcotic”) pain medication
To see if you are eligible, you must complete:
- Two screening visits that include:
- Evaluation and questionnaires
- Sensory testing procedures
- One or more MRI’s of your brain
- Daily migraine diaries completed online
If you are eligible, the study involves:
- Assignment to one of two stress management groups
- Both groups use non-drug techniques and one group includes mindfulness meditation.
- Each group includes 12-13 sessions that will occur over a four-month period.
- All examinations, parking and tests are provided at no cost.
- Compensation up to $900 for completing ALL study visits.
For more information, please call 410-550-9056.
PI: Jennifer Haythornthwaite Ph.D.