Johns Hopkins is committed to protecting your health information. Our Notice of Privacy Practices explains how all members of the Johns Hopkins organizations will safeguard your privacy. Information relating to the privacy/confidentiality of patient health information found on this website relates only to the Johns Hopkins activities in the United States of America.
- Johns Hopkins Notice of Privacy Practices (PDF)
- Johns Hopkins Notice of Privacy Practices (available in multiple languages)
- Hopkins ElderPlus Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) (PDF)
If you wish to contact the applicable Health Information Management (medical records) Department as instructed in the Notice of Privacy Practices:
- for Johns Hopkins Hospital: 410-955-6044 or 410-955-6043
- for Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center: 410-550-0688
- for Howard County General Hospital: 410-740-7953
- for Johns Hopkins Community Physicians: 443-997-1355
- for Johns Hopkins Home Care Group: 410-288-8174
- for Suburban Hospital: 301-896-3777
- for Sibley Memorial Hospital: 202-537-4088
- for Signature Ob/Gyn: 410-884-8131
- for Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital: 727-767-7048
Our Notice of Privacy Practices identifies that our Johns Hopkins health care provider organizations may share information we obtain or create about you through our participation with Health Information Exchanges (HIEs) as permitted by law. For example, information about your past medical care and current medical conditions and medications can be available to us or to your non-Johns Hopkins primary care physician or hospital, if they participate in the HIE as well. Exchange of health information can provide faster access, better coordination of care and assist providers and public health officials in making more informed decisions.
The Chesapeake Regional Information System for our Patients, Inc. (CRISP) is a regional Internet-based HIE in which we participate. We may share information about you through CRISP for treatment, payment, healthcare operations, or research purposes. You may opt out of CRISP and disable access to your health information available through CRISP by contacting CRISP at 1-877-952-7477 or completing and submitting an Opt-Out form to CRISP by mail, fax, or through their website at crisphealth.org. Even if you opt-out of CRISP, public health reporting and Controlled Dangerous Substances information, as part of the Maryland Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP), will still be available to providers through CRISP as permitted by law.
Your hospital or health care provider may also participate in other HIEs, including HIEs that allow your provider to share your information directly through our electronic medical record system. You may choose to opt-out of these other HIEs by calling 1-800-318-4246 during regular business hours.