Medical and Dental Insurance
Intrastaff offers medical and dental benefits from Johns Hopkins Employer Health Programs (EHP) to employees with at least 30 days of service and who work an average of 30 hours per week. The benefits coverage depends on the coverage option you select during open enrollment. The schedule of benefits provide complete detail about your benefits.
EHP Summary Plan Description
DC Paid Family Leave Notice - New Benefit available beginning July 2020
Family & Medical Leave (FMLA)
The Family and Medical Leave Act (HR 328) requires employers to provide up to twelve (12) weeks of unpaid, job- protected leave to eligible employees for certain family and medical reasons in a rolling 12-month period. FMLA defines family as a spouse, son, daughter or parent. Granted leaves will run along with any other paid or unpaid leave (such as short-term disability, workers' compensation and/or PTO). Reinstatement will result in the return to current position or an equivalent position. Certification by a physician is required and must be received thirty (30) days prior to the expected leave, or within fifteen (15) days of the leave, if the need to take leave was not expected. The FMLA policy can be reviewed online HR Policy & Procedures Manual online . Employees interested in applying for FMLA can obtain forms from the Staffing Coordinator.
Intrastaff follows the JHH/JHHS FML policy (not the procedure) except as outlined below. You may find the complete JHH policy in HPO, the JHH online policy manual.
To apply for FML, review the Employee Information Sheet. Complete the Request for Family and Medical Leave form and submit to IntrastaffPayroll@jhmi.edu
Intrastaff FML Temporary Employee Information Sheet and Request for Family and Medical Leave (FML)
- Eligibility: An employee is eligible when he/she has worked for at least one year and for 1,250 hours during the last twelve (12) months.
- Criteria for Granting Leave: Leave will be granted for the birth or adoption of a child, care of a spouse, child or parent with a serious health condition or the employee's own serious health condition.
- Length of Leave: Length of leave can be broken down in three ways: block of time, intermittently or reduced hours.
- Notification: An employee must give thirty (30) days notice, if the leave is expected.
Professional Liability Insurance
- Professional liability insurance coverage is provided for all Intrastaff employees in clinical practice.
- General Liability and Worker's Compensation Insurance is provided to all employees at no cost
401(k) Tax Deferred Annuity
Intrastaff employees may elect to have a portion of their annual salary deferred into a 401(k) annuity account; contributions are not subject to tax until withdrawn.
- Transamerica 401(k) https://Jhm.trsretire.com (Enrollment Form, Plan Description)
Johns Hopkins Federal Credit Union
All Intrastaff employees may join The Johns Hopkins Federal Credit Union and enjoy all the benefits provided for members. Services that members may choose include free checking, statement savings accounts, ATM machines, telephone banking, interest-bearing checking accounts, money market and certificate accounts, and IRA's. ATM and Visa check cards, first mortgages, home equity loans, and new and used car loans also available.