Opened the first pediatric emergency department in a private health care facility in Panama — specifically tailored to the needs of young patients and their families.
Pacífica Salud Hospital Punta Pacífica (HPP) sought our hospital consulting services to elevate its stroke care and expand its pediatric emergency care, strengthening its ability in these areas to offer higher health care quality supported by the right clinical operations infrastructure and protocols. After collaborating with our stroke and emergency medicine experts, HPP was able to address both critical needs.
How We Work Together
- Developed new stroke policies and protocols to achieve Joint Commission International Primary Stroke Center Certification.
- Consult in the development of new clinical programs and the expansion of clinical services.
- Identify opportunities to enhance patient safety, optimize clinical quality and operational efficiency, and improve care delivery.
- Provide training to enhance leadership skills for physicians, nurses, other clinicians and administrators.
- Identify and implement knowledge transfer opportunities for executives, clinicians and staff, including observerships, continuing medical education, symposia and video lectures.
What Our Affiliate Says
In March 2002, we signed an agreement with Johns Hopkins Medicine International to help us achieve our vision of offering Panamanian citizens a private hospital with the highest standards in quality, patient safety and service. Over the years, Johns Hopkins has helped Pacífica Salud Hospital Punta Pacífica elevate patient care through regular educational and preparatory visits by Johns Hopkins experts. We continually strive to innovate, grow and surpass expectations, so our patients know they can expect the best.
— Dr. Jacobo Cohen, Board of Directors, Pacífica Salud