Hospital Operations Enhancement
We empower health care organizations to achieve peak operational success to deliver the best in patient care.
Through our hospital operations enhancement program, Johns Hopkins experts work alongside hospitals and health care organizations to reduce costs, improve resource utilization, decrease length of stay and enhance overall patient satisfaction. Organizations will learn best practices and apply new knowledge and skills to solve real-world problems, improve operational standards and enhance management techniques, workflows and staffing.
We collaborate with clients to best serve their patients. Our people, processes and technology enhance our clients’ hospitals operations.
Through the program, clients gain access to Johns Hopkins’ depth of knowledge, strategic insight, leading-edge research and evidence-based processes. Together, we will evaluate operational performance, identify efficiency gaps and develop individualized solutions to solve the most challenging issues — throughout the entire patient care continuum.
We have the experience and knowledge to help health care organizations achieve operational, financial and clinical excellence.
Product Themes and Staged Methods
We take a staged approach to implementation — starting with a needs assessment — to develop an individualized plan tailored to each institution.
Our process may include the following:
Comprehensive Needs Assessment and Gap Analysis
- Governance and management
- Clinical and nonclinical programs
- Staffing and professional development
- Quality and safety
- Use of technology
Governance and Management
- C-suite and management structure enhancement
- Leadership development
Clinical and Nonclinical Programs
- Clinical centers of excellence in certain disciplines
- Nursing leadership development
- Hospital administration
- Infection control and hospital epidemiology
Staffing and Professional Development
- Physician operational planning model and engagement
- HR policies and procedures for clinicians
- Professional development programs
Quality and Safety
- Joint Commission International accreditation
- Quality and safety KPI and data report and analysis
- Adverse event report and risk management
Use of Technology
- Hospital information technology
- Digital health and telemedicine
Find the Right Solutions for Your Organization
Let Johns Hopkins Medicine’s team of clinical and professional experts guide you to the right health care solutions for your organization.