I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Facilitate the safe and efficacious use of radiation sources in research, medical diagnosis, therapy, and education while maintaining compliance with regulatory licensing, registration, and accreditation standards.
- Personnel Radiation Monitoring
- Laboratory Surveys
- Training Classes
- Create RADP Order
- Quarterly Radioactive Material Inventory Reports
- Radioactive Waste Disposal
- Air Monitoring
- Laser Safety
- Radiation Control Committee
- Safety Data for Specific Radionuclides
- Authorization to Use Radioactive Materials
- Prenatal Radiation Exposure
- Radiation Safety Requirements
- Radioactive Materials in Animals
- Radiation Safety Training Courses
- Monthly Radiation Safety Training is available at the (East Baltimore Campuse) JHMI downtown. These classes are available to all members of the Johns Hopkins Community. Attending these training lectures will indicate that you have completed the minimum Radiation Safety Training to use radioactive materials. Please contact our Homewood or East Baltimore campus office for more information.
- Also, these courses are offered at the Homewood Campus every fall.
In order to ensure that the use of ionizing radiation for research at this university does not result in the unnecessary exposure to individuals and to the general public, Johns Hopkins University maintains a Radiation Safety Office on the Homewood Campus. This office is also responsible for monitoring and enforcing compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations concerning the use and handling of radionuclides and other sources of ionizing radiation, including analytical x-ray machines and electron microscopes.
East Baltimore Campus
Location: Radiation Control Unit
2024 East Monument Street, Suite B-200
Baltimore, Maryland 21205-2223
Radioactive Material Purchasing and Procurement: 410-955-3712
Radioactive Waste Pick-up: 410-955-7184
Location: Radiation Safety Office
3400 Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21218
Phone: 410-516-7278 (Mina Razavi)
- Carl Granlund - Radiation Safety Officer
- Joan Marin - Administrative Secretary
- Vacant - Health Physicist
- Jeff Devanzo - Health Physics Technician
- Diane Rohde - Health Physics Technician
- Mark Rostkowski - Health Physics Technician
- Mina Razavi - Health Physics Technician
- Chico Eyler - Manager, Support Services
- Jakobe Johnson - Radioactive Materials Technician
- Jerry Taylor - Radioactive Materials Technician