I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Nurse Practitioner Fellowship Program
This intensive 12-month program is designed to provide advanced didactic education with a focused clinical experience so that graduates have the skills and knowledge to provide high-quality care in the specialty of gastroenterology and hepatology in the outpatient clinic setting.
The program was created for recent nurse practitioner graduates who are planning a career in the specialty of gastroenterology and hepatology and for practicing nurse practitioners who wish to redirect their careers toward gastroenterology and hepatology. The fellowship program is administered by the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology of the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine located in Baltimore, Maryland.
The didactic curriculum includes weekly conferences (Journal Clubs and Grand Rounds) and monthly morbidity and mortality conferences. Fellows will have experience in both inpatient and outpatient settings during their one-year program.
Rotations may include:
- Inpatient gastroenterology service (2-4 months)
- Inpatient liver service (2-4 months)
- Outpatient gastroenterology and hepatology clinics (6–8 months)
- Endoscopy procedural exposure
Exposure to specific subspecialty areas may include:
- General gastroenterology
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Pancreatic diseases
- Motility & Neurogastroenterology
- Gastrointestinal oncology
- Transplant hepatology
- Management of patients undergoing basic and advanced endoscopic procedures
The program length is one year.
Salary and Benefits
- Stipend: $50,000 paid over 12 months
- Paid vacation: 20 days
- Health insurance
- Professional liability insurance
- See more at https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
How to Apply
To be eligible for the program, applicants must:
- Have a master's degree or higher in nursing
- Have graduated from an accredited institution granting graduate-level academic credit for all course work that includes both didactic and clinical components
- Have national certification as an adult, acute care or family nurse practitioner
- Priority will be given to those who commit to a 12-month (minimum) term of employment at JHU in the GI division at current competitive salaries immediately following the fellowship
- Supplemental application form
- A one-page narrative describing why you are interested in postgraduate training and future goals in the field of gastroenterology and hepatology
- Current resume or CV
- Three letters of recommendation, at least one from a current or past supervising physician, in GI if appropriate
- E-mail all of the above completed components in one packet to gastroNPfellowship@jhu.edu
- Submit application at jobs.jhu.edu (will be posted when position is available)
March 1: Application deadline for Supplemental Materials
September 1: Estimated start date