I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Advanced Endoscopy Fellowship Program - Sibley Memorial Hospital
Advanced Endoscopy Training position is available starting July 1st 2017 at the Johns Hopkins Endoscopy Program at Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington D.C. The Johns Hopkins Endoscopy Program at Sibley Memorial Hospital was established in 2014. One position is available every two years.
Firas Al-Kawas, M.D.
Location: 5255 Loughboro Road NW
Washington, DC 20016
Fellows acquire hands-on training and experience in all advanced endoscopic procedures, including:
- Advanced endoscopic imaging (confocal endomicroscopy, digital chromoendoscopy)
- Endoscopic mucosal ablation (radiofrequency ablation, APC)
- Endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR)
- Endoluminal stenting
- Endoscopic ultrasonography (EUS)
- EUS-guided FNA
- EUS-guided interventions (pseudocyst drainage, celiac plexus block, rendezvous procedures, etc.)
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) (including ampullectomy, papillotomy, stenting, cholangioscopy, pancreatoscopy, Electrohydrolic lithotripsy, pCLE)
- Deep enteroscopy
The program length is two years.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a copy of their CV and three letters of recommendations to Firas Al-Kawas, MD at: email@example.com. Candidates should be American citizens or holders of permanent residency in the U.S, have completed a fellowship in Gastroenterology and are eligible for DC license. Excellent endoscopic skills and interest in academic medicine are a must.